Percy Jackson Party Planning-Hero Supplies

Welcome back everyone!  It's Lily.  Today we are going to be making Hero Supplies.  In the books, when a new camper arrives they usually get Hero Supplies.  I decided to try to do these for the party.  They include a Camp Half-Blood t-shirt, ambrosia squares, and a beaded necklace.  You can also include little golden coins as "Golden Drachma". 

1. Camp Half-Blood T-Shirt

You need this t-shirt if you're going to Camp Half-Blood.  If you make this, use iron-on paper.  I got the template here.

2. Ambrosia Squares

Image result for ambrosia squares











Another godly food.  They are delicious! Get the link for this delicious recipe here.  They also have a nectar recipe on the link.

 3. Beaded Necklace


I decided to take on this project myself.  I used wooden beads instead of using clay.  Then, paint them with some symbols.  Search "Percy Jackson beaded necklace" on the internet to get some ideas.  Thread them on some leather cord and you're done!

4. Put them together

Once you've done everything, put the Ambrosia Squares in plastic bags.  Then, put everything in a paper bag labeled Hero Supplies.


These things add a great touch to your party!  If you have any questions leave them in the comments.  I'd love to see pictures of your recreations!  The coming posts will include activities and how to create swords and bows + arrows.  I also might include a tutorial on making shields. -Lily Jayne






Comments

  1. The ambrosia squares look deliciousssssssss

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nicely written that was. I love the beaded necklace part. You're mom and I used to make jewelry all the time and we had so much fun doing it. Keep up the great work, we can't wait to read more. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Lilly, My name is Mary. I am Mrs Duddys niece from New Zealand. I think what your doing is so cool and amazing,g I have read all Rick Riordan's books from front to back thousands of times and ship Percabeth so much. Last year we had a book character dress up day and I was Annabeth. I made the clay bead necklace and though it was not as good as yours cause drawing is not one of my strong suits :) yours look amazing and those ambrosia squares look delicious. have so much fun at your birthday you sound like an amazing girl.

    Peace from NZ - Mary Crowe

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts